Top 5 Mistakes Couples Make When Planning a Wedding
Oct 22, 2019 | By: Fabuluxe Events
Happy Monday! Today I thought I would share some of the mistakes or pitfalls of the wedding planning process. Just a few tips to remember when planning your big day.
1. Remember why you are doing this....Too many people get caught up in all of the little details and stress of wedding planning. Remember that you are marrying the love of your life. You are committing your lives to each other in front of friends and family. You are celebrating your love.
2. Don't always steer the conversation to your wedding planning...When you are with your friends and family, yes, they want to hear how it is going. No, they don't want wedding planning to be the only topic of conversation when they are with you....plus you want to keep some of the fun details a surprise!
3. Losing your personality in the wedding...You are celebrating the love of two people. Let your personalities show, as individuals and as a couple. It can be through decor, table names, food choices, song choices..but stay true to yourselves...Just because you saw it on Pinterest doesn't mean you have to do it. Be yourself!
4. Not hiring professional, experienced wedding professionals...This is a big one!! You think you are getting a great deal by hiring that DJ or Photographer that's a friend of a friend who does weddings on the side...BIG MISTAKE...make sure your wedding pros are experienced in wedddings, have the appropriate licensure and insurance, can provide references. There are horror stories all over the internet from brides who went the cheap way and it ended up costing them so much more emotionally and monetarily.
5. Underbudgeting...Don't underestimate how quickly the small things add up...postage, garter, that cute little sign you saw on etsy, hair accessories, getting your nails done, driving around town on wedding errands (hey, gas is expensive).