Hi there! Hope everyone is keeping cool in this brutal summer!
You have set the date and the planning has begun. Now you find yourself having to create the dreaded…Budget.
We all know about the big ticket items…venue, dress, photographer, DJ, florals, food and drink, invitations…But there some hidden budget busters out there.
Here are just a few of those budget busters:
1. Mailing Costs – don’t forget to include the costs of stamps for RSVP envelopes and oddly shaped or over sized envelopes cost more to mail.
2. A hanger for your dress – Your photographer will be taking some stunning photos of your dress on a hanger..Check out etsy.com and order a custom hanger. It will look amazing in your photos..but don’t forget to budget for it.
3. Shipping – When ordering on-line or shipping wedding items to a destination, make sure you ship with plenty of lead time so you don’t have to pay extra for overnight or express shipping.
4. Alterations – No dress is going to fit properly the minute it arrives. So be sure to include the money for alterations and bustling of your dress in your attire budget. Also, if your guy is getting a new suit..pants may need to be hemmed or sleeves shortened.
5. Tips – It is customary to tip vendors that provide exceptional service on your wedding day. Your vendors appreciate this more than you can ever know.
6. Favors – Even though they seem like a small item..when ordering in quantity they can add up…Just be sure to include this item in your budget.
7. The little things – It’s all the little things that add up and become budget busters. Don’t forget things like toasting flutes, cake knife and serving set. Create a line item for each of these things and stick with it.
8. Gifts – Don’t forget to include gifts for your bridal party (and parents) to thank them for being so supportive during the wedding planning process. They will appreciate this small gesture in a big way. Remember to include it in your budget.
Even though the budget process can seem daunting, it is necessary. Remember to include all of the above items and give yourself a little wiggle room in each line item. Your professional wedding planner is a great asset when it comes to budgeting for your wedding.