So you are chugging away with wedding planning and every time you bring it up the groom-to-be disappears. How can you get him to be interested and help with the planning.
1. Remember to talk about things other than wedding planning. It is important to keep perspective, you are spending the rest of your life with him and that lasts much longer than one day.
2. Find out what things are interesting to him with regard to the wedding. A lot of grooms are interested in the food, the bar, the music...but make them look at 150 bridesmaid dresses and you may have a mutiny on your hands. It is ok if he doesn't want to be involved in every single aspect of planning.
3. Narrow choices to the top 3 in a category. Do the research first and then ask his opinion on your top 3 choices. This works well for venue, invitations, favors, and color palettes.
4. If your groom does have to go to an appointment with you, have a plan for after the appointment..Go to his favorite restaurant, promise to watch a ballgame with him, encourage him to have a guy night. After all, you will be practicing the art of compromise for the rest of your life.
5. Plan date nights and promise not to talk about wedding planning during your date.
6. Set aside time to talk about the wedding plans with no distractions. You will get more done in less time and won't lose his attention.
7. Go back to number #1.
As always, stay true to yourself and true to the two of you as a couple.