Hi Y'all...We are so excited to share Kimmy and Sean's Morikami Museum Wedding with you. The day was all about glitz and glam! They are so in love and are just too cute together! We hop you love their wedding as much as we did!
It was such an honor to work with the amazing vendor team that made this happen!
Venue: Morikami Gardens Boca Raton
Getting Ready: Marriott Delray Beach
Ceremony/Cocktail Music: The Elegant Harp
Reception Music: Mike Sipe Entertainment
Lighting: Frost Lighting
Catering: Morikami Museum
Wedding Dress: Pnina Tornai
Florals/Chuppah: Designs by Yamir
Hair and Make Up: Kiss this Make Up
Tranportation: Gianni's Limo
Photography: Stacey Poirier Photography
Videography: Andreo Studios
Hey Y'all! Hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend! This week we wanted to share some of the 2017 Trends that we love and can't wait to incorporate into your wedding day!
1. Drip Cakes - We are so excited to see this trend. It can be quite sophisticated and quite casual depending on your cake artist.
2. The Navy Suit or Tux - Navy isn't as harsh as black and yet still can be worn in a formal setting. But the great thing is that a Navy Suit can look great at an outdoor wedding, a beach wedding, a formal wedding or just about any event imaginable! (Besides, if a Navy Suit is good enough for Ryan Gosling, who are we to complain?!)
3. Geometric shapes - We loving geometric shapes in weddings. Whether it is ceremony decor, table centerpieces or hanging decor; it adds a sophisticated, modern vibe to your wedding.
4. Mixed Metals - Trust us when we say that mixed metals and metallics in general, are not going anywhere!
5. And finally, Hanging Decor - Hanging flowers, candles, lanterns, etc from different heights can add many layers to your look. Whether it is for the ceremony, cocktails, or reception; hanging decor is a nice change and draws the eye around the space. (Just check with your venue on the rules of how to hang your decor.)
We will keep you all posted on those hot and upcoming wedding trends! See you next week for Kimmy and Sean's Wedding Blog!
Hi! The 4th of July holiday is upon us and that means the summer is halfway over. Wedding Season will be kicking into high gear before we know it.
We thought we would take a look at the trends we hope NOT to see in the coming season.
1. Naked Cakes - ok that was cute for a while...but we are done now...bring back buttercream!
2. Pick a Seat Not a Side Signs - Very rarely does seating at a wedding ceremony truly follow the "bride's side" / "groom's side" tradition. We like both sides to be full of wonderful guests...no need a for a sign that we have all seen 1,000 times.
3. Anything with a mason jar/lace/burlap - no further explanation needed.
4. Cupcakes instead of a wedding cake...cupcakes are fun but have had their time. Now mini-cupcakes on a dessert station - we can get on board with that!
5. Sparkler Exits - Let's face it...people who have been drinking at an open bar and playing with fire on a stick..not a good idea.
6. Donut Walls - we ask why? what is the point? We aren't fans.
7. Barn Weddings - In some parts of the country totally cool...in South Florida - it's always HOT inside a barn...you and your guests are miserable and uncomfortable.
8. Vintage Just Because - If your style is vintage...cool. If you are doing it just because it's on pinterest...not cool.
9. Blush/Gold/Ivory Color Palette - Yes, it is beautiful, yes it is classic...but don't be afraid of color!
10. White Sand Dollars, Starfish with anything written on them...we get it..you are having a beach wedding.
What trends do you want to see go away?
Next blog...Trend We Are Excited to See
Hi All! We hope you are having a great summer. Enjoy the slower days, longer nights, a drink with a friend! We are enjoying the slower pace and recharging for next Season! Here in South Florida our Season is September through May...so a bit opposite of the rest of the USA!
Recently we have noticed a lot of discussions for people in creative industries about being authentic in your business. So we decided to share what we think being authentic in our business means.
1. We are really good at weddings! Not to be braggy...but weddings are our thing. We love brides. We love grooms. We love design and details and solving problems. And the best feeling in the world is watching the couple make their committments to each other and then celebrating with those closest to them.
2. We are proud of who we are outside of the business. Jen is a proud soccer mom. Mandi is also a personal trainer and loves all things fitness. Ashli is a proud mom and stepmom. Lara loves performing in musical theater. Focusing on these things in our lives make us better for you.
3. We make mistakes...there I said it...sometimes we mess up. But we own it, we fix it and we move on.
4. You won't hear us using random jargon...Swoonworthy is not a part of our vocabulary. So what we are saying is that we don't try use language or "the hip words" that you find on some blogs and websites. It would sound funny coming from us.
5. We love classic elegance and individuality. Now that may sound like they don't work together...but they do. We love gorgeous classic weddings. We aren't overly trendy, but adding a little something here and there is a great idea. We love celebrating each couple and what makes them unique. Following the latest fad just to follow it...not our style.
So we ask you, what does being authentic mean to you? And how does that translate when you are planning your wedding and hiring your wedding pros?
We had the great honor of working with Colby and Andrew on their Jupiter Wedding. They are the sweetest couple and their wedding reflected their laid-back, casual vibe.
The rehearsal dinner was held at the home a family friend and couldn't be any more Southern-Chic. The wedding at Out of the Blue captured the South Florida Waterfront Lifestyle.
We hope you enjoy the photos!
Thank you to everyone who made this day happen!
Getting ready: Jupiter Beach Resort
Ceremony & Reception: Out of the Blue, Jupiter, Florida
Photography: Finding Light Photography
Florals: Southern Floral Company
Hair and Make Up: Lulu Gomez Hair and Make Up Studio
Music: DJ Donny Events